Ada's Quilting Room

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Halloween Decorations

No.1
No.2
No.3
No.4
No.5

No.6
No.7
No.8

p.s.
This is the big decorations I mentioned below. It has lights inside that can be turned on at night time. In this year, this was one and the only one I saw.



I guess this year the oil price is really too high that increase the cost of living which the people would try not to spend too much on decorations ! I hardly see any big Halloween decorations like air-inflated big white ghost or big pumpkin (with lights inside). In past years, there are some pumpkin patches selling wide variety of pumpkins in big parking lots or some open area. This year I can't see anymore. In the past, I would purchase one/two pumpkins and put on the porch but no more for this year.

The pictures above was taken by me when I was driving in the area which I lived. There isn't any decoration competition in this community anymore otherwise it will be more eyecatching. The people here normally would start decorating very early (in early October). Some year, my opposite neighbor had decorated the front yard similar to the picture no. 5. They even would change the flowers they planted in yard as well. Mostly, they would choose flowers in orange like African Marigold. If you were the judge on the decorations appeared in the pictures above, which one would you pick as the champion ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home