Ada's Quilting Room

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Hand Made Magazine

I am so happy that I have received the stuff I asked my friend, Karen, to help in buying for me in Taiwan. This time, I have bought 2 Hand Made magazines (plus two books) and learnt that it's already passed it's 2 year anniversary. Time really fly past. I can still remember how grateful I felt when I knew there would be a quilting magazine published by Chinese people. They recently created a web page, although we can't see any projects' pictures there, we can still find some information i.e. Talk include some pictures of the projects submitted by the readers and link 2 have some web page addresses of Taiwanese quilting teachers and even Hongkongese teachers as well. If you are interest in seeing project photos of some popular quilters in Taiwan, please click link 3



There are a few projects that I really love in these two issues but this wall quilt is my favorite. I can easily find old gentlemen and lady appeared in projects here but not with this traditional chinese dress style. This wall quilt is appeared in issue #9 p.87, an article talked about "林雅櫻"teacher and her students' quilting projects exhibition (I seems can't find Miss Lin's web page address). I hope when I have my 20th wedding anniversary that I would be able to make this nice wall quilt.



Also, I found that in issue #10 p.30-31 “多米村” Quilting Classroom's teachers and students' butterfly pattern projects are so beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home