Ada's Quilting Room

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Car - Smog Test



I think it's so difficult to live here without a car because in normal case it will take at least half an hour to wait for a bus. My husband was on leave yesterday so we took the chance to take my car to have a smog test. All Cars here have to be tested once in every two years. Only those cars passed the test could renew their license (but there is some exemption allowed in case the car owner can supplied informations to prove the he/she is low-income and can only afford to buy that kind of cars). The registration licence is in a form of a small color stickers with the expiration year printed. It's normally placed on the top right corner of the licence plate (the white sticker with the month printed on is normally placed on the left of the plate, but it seldom need to be replaced). There will be different color for each year in order for police to identify the car with the licence expired. I got a bad incidence regarding this small stickers before (let me described that tomorrow).

This time, I have to take my car to the "test only" station. The test actually only took less than 10 minutes but the fee was so expensive. My US$50 then fly away !!! When I was waiting, I saw a man approached the owner of the test station with US$2 in hand. I found out he bought a broken tank which took out from a car have to be repaired. My husband said that this man spent that some amount but after he fixed it gain a much with it so he asked me not to look-down on this kind of small business !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home